Join our team!
Who we are looking for:
An outgoing, energetic, people person to help at our Portland craft workshop / bar! The purpose of the craft-tender position is to welcome people into DIY BAR and help them through every part of their experience, while fostering creativity, fun, and happiness!
This is a part-time position for anywhere between 8-16 hours.
Who we are:
DIY BAR is a place for crafty (and not so crafty) people. It is part crafting workshop, part bar. We provide the tools, materials, instructions, and welcoming environment to make the creative process fun! We believe in lending a helping hand, doing the right thing, and having passion for our brand.
Along with crafts, we serve wine, cider, beer, and an assortment of non-alcoholic drinks.
We are family owned by brothers Jason and Adam Gorske, who love to share the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes from making. We currently have one location in Portland, but we’re looking to expand into Seattle by the beginning of next year.
Please apply for this position if you are:
• Passionate about making / crafting
• An energetic “people person”, positive, and a problem solver
• A team player willing to help others
• Organized, hardworking, and driven
• A good communicator
• A person that loves to make people’s days!
What’s in it for you:
DIY BAR provides a work environment for employees to ensure they know that they are:
• Valued: We are constantly trying to make things better, and that includes ourselves and the people around us!
• Balanced: Employees receive 4 free projects a month, along with quarterly celebrations!
• Community-centered: Participate in awesome community events with other fun, energetic brands!
• Fulfilled: DIY BAR participates in 1% for the planet, donates to local organizations, and you’ll get to help co-workers, customers, and our community every day!
• $12.50/hr starting + tips
Basic Duties + Responsibilities:
• Foster a warm and welcoming environment at the bar.
• Master every craft on the menu, and be able to help people through each one.
• Keep DIY BAR clean and organized
• Willing to do off-sites and pop-ups at special events as needed
• Represent DIY BAR at all required community and company events and meetings. Assist other departments with company-wide projects and initiatives.
• Take photos daily of projects and people
• Must be energetic, outgoing, engaging, and have a love for customer service.
• Highly organized, have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and think on your feet.
• Must have schedule flexibility; able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Represent our core values (lend a helping hand, do the right thing, be passionate about the brand).
• Send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Let us know a little more about you by completing our Past Experiences form: https://forms.gle/6Ge4f6wDzNQJ8Vd38