LeAD our team!
DIY BAR MANAGER
Who we are looking for:
An entrepreneurial minded, energetic self-starter to manage our Portland craft workshop / bar! The purpose of the manager position is to be the face of the bar and provide leadership to your team while fostering creativity, fun, and happiness!
Who we are:
DIY BAR is a place for crafty (and not so crafty) people. It is part crafting workshop, part bar. We provide the tools, materials, instructions, and welcoming environment to make the creative process fun! We believe in lending a helping hand, doing the right thing, and having passion for our brand.
Along with crafts, we serve wine, cider, beer, and an assortment of non-alcoholic drinks.
We are family owned by brothers Jason and Adam Gorske, who love to share the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes from making. We currently have one location in Portland, but we’re looking to expand into Seattle by the beginning of next year.
Please apply for this position if you are:
· Passionate about making / crafting
· An energetic “people person”, positive, and a problem solver
· A leader: there to help others become better versions of themselves
· A team player willing to help others
· Organized, hardworking, and driven
· A good communicator (orally and written)
· A person that loves to make people’s days!
What’s in it for you:
DIY BAR provides a work environment for employees to ensure they know that they are:
· Valued: We offer competitive pay, health benefits, flexible PTO, and continued education opportunities
· Flexible: Ability to work flexible hours and work remotely
· Balanced: Employees receive 4 free projects a month, along with quarterly celebrations!
· Community-centered: Participate in awesome community events with other fun, energetic brands!
· Fulfilled: DIY BAR participates in 1% for the planet, donates to local organizations, and you’ll get to help co-workers, customers, and our community every day!
· $36,000 - $45,000 / year
Basic Duties + Responsibilities
· Foster a warm and welcoming environment at the bar.
· Manage daily operation of DIY BAR, including, but not limited to; inventory, scheduling, equipment maintenance, and bar cleanliness and organization.
· Recruit, hire, train, lead, inspire, evaluate, and retain the most warm, welcoming, personable, and genuinely engaged staff.
· Conduct monthly staff meetings.
· Represent DIY BAR at all required community and company events and meetings. Assist other departments with company-wide projects and initiatives.
· Local level sales and special event coordination. Collaborate with “on brand” partners monthly.
· Respectfully communicate with customers and partners through email and in person
· Work as a craft-tender at the bar at least 2 days a week (and as needed).
· Pick up and deliver inventory when needed.
· Must be energetic, outgoing, engaging, and have a love for customer service.
· Minimum of 2 years of leadership and management experience, including overseeing all aspects of managing a team.
· Ability to analyze key metrics, set priorities, innovate initiatives, and follow through to successful results.
· Must be entrepreneurial-minded, resourceful, and ready to think outside the box to build upon the brand and business.
· Highly organized, have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and think on your feet.
· Must have schedule flexibility; able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have reliable transportation to bring materials and supplies to offsites.
· Represent our core values (lend a helping hand, do the right thing, be passionate about the brand).
· Send us a resume and cover letter to Portland@diybar.co
· Let us know a little more about you by completing our Past Experiences form: https://forms.gle/DkCZMv4WebfCwPaA7